Regular Price R11650,00 incl.VAT
Please note, this product is sold out and we are taking pre-orders at the advertised price for a limited time only.
Dermadry is an iontophoresis machine indicated for the treatment of excessive sweating of the hands, feet, and underarms (palmar, plantar, and axillary hyperhidrosis).
Iontophoresis (pronounced eye-on-toe-fo-ree-sis), has been a reliable, trusted, and effective solution for hyperhidrosis for nearly a century. Iontophoresis is a non-invasive, drug-free, and needle-free way to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). It utilizes tap water and electrical current to temporarily stop the production of sweat, making it one of the few instances where mixing water and electricity is recommended!
The initial phase is the first phase of treatment that is done until the user attains their desired level of dryness. During the initial phase, the treatment will be performed up to 5 x a week at the highest comfortable setting for up to 6 weeks. Most people achieve their desired results within 2 weeks.
Once the patient has attained their desired level of dryness in the initial phase, they will then go on to the maintenance phase. A maintenance schedule must be maintained to upkeep results. The frequency can be as little as once every few weeks, depending on the severity of the hyperhidrosis. Further details are outlined in the user manual.
Current Type: Pulsed Current
Long lasting dryness: 15 to 20-minute at-home treatment sessions can provide up to 6 weeks of dryness.
DO NOT use this device if you have any of the following conditions:
- Cardiac pacemaker
- ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator)
- Suspected or diagnosed heart problems (e.g. cardiac arrhythmia)
- Seizure disorders (epilepsy)
- Pregnant or suspected pregnancy
- Metal-containing intrauterine device (IUD)
- Metallic implants
- Large skin lesions and lesions that cannot be covered with petroleum jelly
- Numbness in the treated areas
- Infections or irritated skin
- Impaired sensation in hands, underarms or feet (e.g. polyneuropathy)
- Malignant disorders in the area of application
- Severe vascular disorders (e.g. local inflammation or thrombosis)
You may experience the following temporary side effects:
- Irritation, skin reddening (erythema), burning sensation, small blisters (vesiculation), and itching (pruritus). Wait until symptoms disappear completely before starting your next treatment.
- Tingling and stinging sensations. Muscle numbness (paresthesia) may occur. Slight pain could be felt at the beginning of the treatment or after the polarity alternating sequence. If you feel any of the above side effects, reduce intensity during next treatment.
- Increased sweating: After the first few treatments, you may experience an increase in sweating. This symptom will subside after a few treatments.
- Small electric shocks during treatment: In very rare cases, a harmless electric shock may occur if treatment is interrupted suddenly. To avoid this risk, remove your hands, feet or underarm electrodes slowly.
- Skin dryness: Skin may become dry, small lesions or scaling may occur. To reduce these symptoms, use a moisturizing cream after treatments.
- Aluminum may cause minor allergic reactions for some users. They may develop red, bumpy, scaly, itchy or swollen skin at the point of contact.
Troubleshooting instructions and return policy:
Skin resistance may be experienced several days, weeks or months after use (this is user dependent). A troubleshoot instruction for this is to use warm water and the unit will continue to work. Should it still not work, try water at a higher temperature.
100 day satisfaction guarantee. Return the unit within 100 days of use should you not experience results!*
*20% restocking fee applies for any returns. Contact us for the full terms of purchase for the Dermadry.
Available on backorder